2019 PAA DIAMOND MVP Softball Tournament May 31-June 2
General Rules and Park Rules
· The tournament will be played using 2019 STLWAA rules.
· Game length 1 hour and 20 minutes, max runs per inning, and Mercy rules apply. Pool games may end in a tie. Bracket play games may not end in a tie as a winner must be determined. Bracket games tied with time expired or after 7 innings, will follow the STLWAA rule for ties.
· The tournament is subject to change in the event of rain. Refund policy is 100% refund if no games are played, 50% refund if 1 game is played, no refund after 2 games played.
· Protests will be handled immediately by the Tournament Director and the Umpire in Chief, and their decisions are final.
· The park will provide 2 softballs for each game.
· A team forfeiting a game during the tournament is ineligible for any championship round games, but they will be allowed to complete their remaining games pool games.
· Scores must be posted at the bulletin board by the concession stand and e-mailed to the Tournament Director. The winning manager is responsible for reporting the score. If the score is not reported it will be recorded as a forfeit for both teams. All managers should check the posted scores to ensure there are no discrepancies.
· If tie breakers are needed after pool play to seed teams they will be applied as follows (standard tournament/USSSA rule):
o Head to Head (only if two teams are tied)
o Fewest Runs Allowed
o Run Differential (+ or – 8 runs max per game)
o Coin Flip
· The Pond Athletic Association does not allow food or drink to be brought into the park. Teams that violate this policy will be notified and a second occurrence will result in a team forfeiting the game. The manager is responsible for the conduct of their team and parents.
· Pond Athletic Association is a non-smoking park, with designated smoking areas.
· The park does not allow pets to be brought into the park.
· Trophies will be awarded for the first and second place teams immediately following the Championship Game for your group.
· Teams should check e-mail, the PAA website (www.pondathletic.com) and the rainout line (636-458-9627) throughout the tournament for updates.
Tournament Director: Keith Ellis
Assistant Tournament Director: Pat Steinlage